Your Childbirth Options – Which One Is Right For You?

Discussion in 'Kinacle Blog Posts' started by Kinacle (Bot), Mar 14, 2018.

1. Kinacle (Bot)

Kinacle (Bot) Member

2. Mika

Mika Active Member

All the methods you have mentioned in this post are common and popular except the water birth which is mostly popular in western countries. The home deliveries are decreasing in India not only in urban areas but in rural as well for it has more mortality rate due to insufficient number of trained maternity staff. Most people prefer private hospitals if they can afford them or in a job which provides them cover for expenses. As for cesarean child birth, most mothers do not want to deliver their babies by this method but somehow the doctors' suggest this method to most would be mothers. I think very few mothers chose this way to avoid labor pain.

Elsa likes this.
  3. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

Good to know homebirth deliveries are decreasing. It is truly risky for a lot of mothers, especially when they are far from hospitals or emergency facilities. Hospitals are still the best option because they have all the possible equipment for medical situations.

And yes, I do hear from other mothers that some doctors tell them to go through a C-section even if they can do it through the natural method. I guess that would be for a better income for such doctors. And yes, some go through it to avoid labor pains. Personally, I prefer the natural method because it costs less, recovery is faster, etc.

4. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

At one time we couldn't have a c-section in the UK unless there was a medical reason but now it is different and you can opt for one for reasons such as fear of birth.

Having had a c-section with my first child due to a low lying placenta and a normal vaginal delivery with my second child I can honestly say a vaginal delivery is so much better. For me the recovery was short, I could see my lovely baby as soon as she was born and despite labour pains I found the whole experience so much more rewarding. With my son, I was taken down to the operating theatre feeling petrified, I was in terrible pain after the surgery and my baby had been taken to ICU because he was cold. I didn't see him until the next day.

Elsa likes this.
  5. Elsa

You are so right about a faster recovery for vaginal deliveries. All my babies were born thru the vaginal method. I almost had a C-section with my youngest but thank God she eventually came out the normal way. I'm sure I would have been too scared, too if I went through a C-section.

6. JiLLian

JiLLian New Member

My two girls were born through a traditional vaginal method. Though my OB said that there was a possibility that I will be delivering my second baby through C-section due to a low lying placenta when she was 5 months in my tummy. I Thank God that my baby's position changed at 7 months so I was able to deliver her through a vaginal method. Yes, it was super painful but I would say that it was bearable. And the pain was gone after I heard my baby crying. And yes, I recovered faster than my friend who delivered her baby through C-section.

Elsa likes this.
  7. Elsa

Yes, I totally agree with you, JiLLian. Vaginal birth methods can be painful but recovery is faster. The pain goes away faster than with a C-section :)

8. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

I have heard.about all these childbirth delivery options. I'm new to water childbirth method.

My wife delivered our 6 children through vaginal delivery. Two of them were delivered at home. The eldest was done by a female doctor and the third one was done by a licensed midwife and I was assisting. The other four were born at the health center by a midwife.