Would you change your personality if given the chance?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ptahm22, Dec 14, 2016.

?

Would you change your personality if given the chance?

1. Yes

11.1%
  2. No

66.7%
  3. Maybe (explain below)

22.2%
  1. ptahm22

ptahm22 Member

This may seem like a silly question but we don't have to be serious all the time. Am sure most of us have a personality they admire. Some of us may even change their country, gender, shape, skin colour.Am just thinking out loud. What would you change about your life if given the chance?

2. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

Interesting question.

I'd say I'm very happy with who I am and the direction I'm heading in life. Do I have negative parts of my personality? Absolutely. But all of these things - both the good and the bad, make who I am today. And maybe if one of these parts were different, the entire direction of my life - what I'm doing now and what it's leading up to, would be different. So while I will always continue to look to improve, I'd have to say no.

I'm going to add a poll to this, interested to hear other opinions as well. :emoji_slight_smile:

3. tony

tony Active Member

This is not a new thing in our society these days seeing people going for all sorts of cosmetic surgery to assume another look entirely different from their natural personality. I do not see any reason to change my personality. I am totally happy with my nature, my part of the world and have not for one second thought otherwise. I like my unique personality.

4. Binu

Binu Member

I will never change my personality. Good or bad, this is me; if I change my personality, that's not me. However, I would off course change my bad nature and behavior if I could. For example, I am very complaining kind of girl. If I could, I would change this nature. I get angry easily, if I could, I would correct this behavior.

5. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

I would like to think that my answer would be no, but I also know that I am pretty lousy when it comes to some things, and maybe a change of pace would be nice. I know that I could stand to be more of a cheerful person, so maybe that would help there.

6. workingbuck

workingbuck Active Member

I do think of this whenever I'm having a very hard time. But eventually I always end up with no as an answer. I am happy the way I am, though my life is not perfect if we are talking about finance or the family I grew up with. But since I do have my wife and I wouldn't have met her if it was not for my stupid decisions in the past, I would not change a thing if I would be given a chance. Even if it's just my traits, I do love who I am and so does my wife. I do have a bad side and a good one, and both contributes to being me.

7. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

No. I love myself except for my short temper and lack of patience. I have learnt to be more patient of late, however, am still unable to beat the anger.

One of my resolution is to control my anger. Hopefully, I will succeed in 2017.

8. Anupama

Anupama New Member

I have voted for maybe. I am happy as I am but I would like to be more outgoing. I am more of an introvert. This and only this I want to change in myself.

9. kamai

kamai Active Member

I would want to change my personality a bit but for the better but this is just to make myself happy. I'd only like to change how shy I am so I won't feel intimidated other than that I'd like to stay how I am. Everything about me is what makes me so I guess I wouldn't want to change into a different person.

10. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

No. It is how I carry myself and on how I interact with others that make up my personality. But the personality I am nurturing now is a Christ-like attitude. I look up for the best of everything from Jesus Christ. Because of him, I am a new creature. I have changed a lot. I have been observing this kind of attitude for almost 37 years now. Changing one's personality is too subjective. It all depends on the person and it is his thought that makes him of what he is. And it is his surroundings and his friends including their family members who make or unmake him. But the control is within himself.

11. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Active Member

No I wouldn't change my personality. I'm okay with who I am. I think our own personality is who defines us, it makes us unique. So many people try to change themselves today just to please other people, or to blend in with society better.;)

I believe we should stay true to ourselves and be who we actually are. Not what others want to see.:)

12. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

It would seem from the poll that most of like who we are which is good. The only thing I would change about myself is my driving anxiety. It holds me back in life and I want to change that so much. I'm not perfect but I think I'm a kind and caring person and I do the best I can in life.

13. Taliska

Taliska Active Member

I'm not sure country or gender are personality traits, since they are more physical things.

Personality wise, I'd give myself more patience and a better ability to deal with stress. I get wound up too easily, and when dealing with an active child, stress management is essential.

14. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod New Member

I think that my personality is great, and a lot of people like that about me. I am very honest and loyal so that is something I really like about myself, others as well. The only thing that I would change is the place I live, to be precise, country.

15. derf

derf New Member

no and the reason why is because I am just fine with being myself and I do not see anything wrong with that. I know there are certain people out there who would change their personality as it would give them more friends, power, etc. The thing is is that you were born being you so you have to accept that and if everything does not work out find a way to make it work and move on. While you could would you really want to as well as you would not know the outcomes of what you would change into that said personality.

16. tyche

tyche Active Member

Personality wise and physical wise, yes, since I know I could be more successful and I could have excelled and achieved more if I wasn't so lazy in studying. In terms of my looks, it would be nice to be thinner and I would have a straighter hair, since it's a bit wavy.

17. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

I think our personality makes us who we are. In that case, we shouldn't try to change it. However, though, I'm not denying we have certain problems that need to be changed. Nonetheless, changing them won't really change our personality, if you sort of get what I'm saying.

18. Miches

Miches Active Member

No, I don't think I would want to change my personality given the chance. Although I would have chosen to be more extroverted, I'm happy enough with who I am. I'm a bit shy and reserved and have few friends. However, they're the best I can have. It's also the main reason why my siblings are my best friends. I know for sure that I'll have problems whatever way I go so I'll choose to be me.

19. Gad

Gad New Member

I would. sometimes I feel like I give too much of myself to others who then take advantage of me. most of the time I also find myself trying to explain a lot in a bid to justify my point. I wish I would just speak my mind without necessarily requiring others' opinions.

20. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

In general, I am quite happy with the way I am, but if given the opportunity, I would like to change a bit. I would certainly like to become a more open and confident person than I am. I also tend to ramble a bit when I am flustered and end up saying things I don't want to. I would change that if I could.

21. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

I am happy with who I am, but if I would be given a chance to change my personality, I would be happy to get rid of several things I'm not happy with. Although as I get older and become wiser, I think I have already improved on some of them.