Why Do Babies Cry So Frequently In Their First 3 Months?

Discussion in 'Kinacle Blog Posts' started by Kinacle (Bot), Jan 4, 2018.

1. Kinacle (Bot)

Kinacle (Bot) Member

2. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

That crying app is a breakthrough in determining the main cause by baby cries. It is very useful but without such instrument or app, my wife knows why our baby is crying as it's mentioned in the blog like hungry, feeling uncomfortable, pain, among others. We have 6 children and my wife handled or took care of them well. If possible she would never sleep just to watch them while they sleep.

Risa likes this.
  3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

Crying is the only way a newborn baby can communicate with us to let us know whether he is tired hungry, uncomfortable or in pain. Sometimes despite checking all of these things a baby just won't stop crying and it can be frustrating and worrying for a new parent.

If this app really works it would be a wonderful way of reassuring a parent that all is well and baby is just crying because he needs to be close to his mummy. Even though a parent will gradually get to know why their baby is crying I would have loved for this to have been available when my babies were first born.

Risa likes this.
  4. to7update

to7update Active Member

Nice entry. This brings me back times, but in reality it's all about communication, the baby needs to communicate and crying is the way he has. Basically they just say they are hungry, cold, sleepy or with tummy ache, it's their basic needs in action.

Risa likes this.
  5. Mika

Mika Active Member

I think we all know the points you have mentioned in your post but forget them sometimes thinking that crying is normal for babies. I remember the time one night when my daughter was crying more than she did normally (in fact she cried seldom during night) so I took her in my arms and walked around. In the morning I took her to doctor and she was diagnosed having pneumonia. The doctor said she must be feeling pain in her ribs. So if your baby starts crying suddenly, you should take immediate action.

Risa likes this.
  6. Mustaf

Mustaf New Member

Babies cry because it is their only means of communication with their primary caregivers. They are still at their basic stage of their linguistics skill so it is understandable that they need something or that they feel something wrong.

Risa likes this.
  7. Risa

Risa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

I agree, experience indeed teaches moms on how to pick up the cues as to why their little baby is crying. It goes the same with me, but I think if this app was available since my first born, it would be of great help as well.

8. Risa

I agree, experience indeed teaches moms on how to pick up the cues as to why their little baby is crying. It goes the same with me, but I think if this app was available since my first born, it would be of great help as well.

9. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

That is how they used to tell about their problem. They don't know other way so that is how it goes. The reason can be anything like they are hungry, they having some problem like pain in stomach (quite normal in new born babies). So as they can't explain the things directly they choose to cry. And we have to listen them. Lol

10. Risa

I personally would have wanted to try out the app if it was available when I had my first born. It's a great tool to help us, especially new parents who are in the period of adjustment and learning how to appease their crying child. Nevertheless, even without the app, we always have that mother's instinct which lets us have an idea of what our little one is trying to tell us.

11. Risa

That's true. If the crying seems to be relentless, there might be something wrong and visiting a pediatrician is the best action to take since he or she could help identify the problem.