What was the first Nursery Rhyme you've read to your child?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Kakashi2020, May 24, 2018.

1. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

As parent we often read or sing nursery rhymes to our kids when they were still toddlers and this is my most favorite nursery rhyme collection. It includes the classics like Old MacDonald had a farm, Twinkle twinkle little star, London bridge is falling down and a lot more.

2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

I remember I used to sing Baa baa black sheep to my granddaughter when she was a young baby and she would be transfixed on my face as i sang it. Even if she was crying she would stop immediately I started to sing:

Baa baa black sheep have you any wool,
    Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full.
    One for the master, one for the dame,
    And one for the little boy who lives down the lane.

Risa likes this.
  3. Risa

Risa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

My and my kids' all time favorite is the twinkle twinkle little star, especially when it had the animated versions in YouTube. I don't know why but my 3 kids are prerty amazed with this song and just like what @littlewitch66 experienced, this song also stops them from crying, well at least for a while.

4. Dandy Lion

Dandy Lion New Member

Like Risa, twinkle twinkle little star was very popular for my daughter. I sang it to her even right after she was born as she'd fall asleep. It will always hold a special place in my heart.

5. tyche

tyche Active Member

Ah yes, nursery rhymes were quite popular during my time as a pre-school student, but aside from just being familiar with them, I can't remember which one I actually recited back then.

6. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I don't remember reciting nursery rhymes to my daughter. Her favorite are the stories I told her about my own childhood. When I was a toddler, who took care of me. Anecdotes ilke that were very interesting to her. And when I noticed that she was already sleepy I would tell her the story of my first grade days on how I struggled in the classroom.