What do you do if a child seriously lacks interest in learning things?

Discussion in 'Kids' started by Mika, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

I would really hope that it is just some kind of phase, although if it persists it is probably definitely something that you could seek help for. I am glad it was never an issue when our kids were young but I would hope that options are out there.

2. to7update

to7update Active Member

It depends on the things they lack interest in learning. I mean, I consider that they have too many hours in school, and the subjects aren't particularly engaging. Take maths, it's pure abstraction, so how are kids supposed to be interested about it?

Mika likes this.
  3. Mika

Mika Active Member

The kid in question is in KG and would go to Year one only after this summer vacation (It's summer vacation right now in Australia and the schools would open in first week of February). He was with his relatives' place busy playing with one of his own age boy when I last met him. I think his parents have sent him out there for a week or so just to judge how he reacts there. I hope this strategy will help him get rid of his gadget addiction.

4. to7update

to7update Active Member

Ha, gadget addiction is dangerous, and I limit access to gadgets to my kids because I know it. My older kid is now 10 and he complains he is the only one on his class that still doesn't has a mobile phone, even if I know a couple of more that don't haha. Either cases, they don't use them as mobile phones, but as playing gadgets, so he doesn't need that.

Mika likes this.
  5. Mika

Mika Active Member

Incidentally your phone is not the only one that keeps them busy but smart TV with connected internet and Tablet is another gadget that keeps them busy with games, serials and movies etc. The kid in question is addicted with all kind of things and even acts like Ninja, fox and what not whatever he fancies.

to7update likes this.
  6. to7update

to7update Active Member

lol, it's ok for a kid to have good imagination and play, the issue is when they take it too far. But so true what you say, phone are bad, but TV is not better. Not only kids these days watch too much TV, but they also access games, youtube, and so on there... Solutions? Parents have to spend more time with their kids and play with them. :)