Toddlers

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Karina Teck, Jan 11, 2018.

?

Doctors why?

1. Maybe i should change doctors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It hurts.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

Do kids are afraid of doctors? Asking because when my son goes for his vaccines he wants to hurry come home when it's our turn to see the doctor.

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

I guess it is normal for kids to be afraid of doctors and even hospitals especially when they had already experienced getting a shot. The painful injection is somewhat embedded on the child's consciousness that make them think doctors are synonymous to pain. One good doctor in our neighborhood has candies on her table. Obviously, those candies are for the kids be they patients or not. And the treats lessened the trauma. But for the parents, maybe a trade off can be going to the mall or eating out after the doctor's appointment. That could somehow deaden the fear.

3. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

I am not sure about this, as my three kids are not afraid of visiting doctor since they are young. I think it might be caused by the doctor. If the doctor is friendly, perhaps the kids won't feel so fearful of visiting him. Moreover, the doctors I visited always have toys in the room, and the doctors are always friendly to the kids. I am not sure if changing the doctor would help, but some doctors seem to be liked by children more.

4. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

5. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

Okay I will try your suggestions @Alexandoy because my son's doctor tries to connect with my son and he just wants to come home because he's afraid.

I have visited him since my son was born, and so far he's the best doctor at the moment because we've been to two doctor's appointment already. The consultation is OKay but not when he's sick, and they recommend medicines. I have to stick with this one instead of the hospital. The waiting when it comes to hospitals i grow impatience, even though it's free of charge with a sick child is the worst feeling.

6. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

7. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

My son tried it once b

8. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

The doctor tried to connect with him but he's just not feeling this doctor. To me he's the best one so far. I more think is because when he got sick the doctor gave him medicines and from then he remembered that doctor. I have tried giving him medicines and oh! no it's a big deal in drinking it. He doesn't even like the cherry Tylenol for kids.