Step-brother and Sister, Step Mom and Dad

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Jason76, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

How can we deal with these situations often arising from divorce? I mean, sometimes these arrangements can be tough because the kids don't respect the step parent. Also, possibly step-siblings would have problems. What might they be?

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

This step relationship is best personified in the fairy tale Cinderella. But I have seen that happening in real life although it's not that evil for the step sisters. And in some cases, I know of step brothers who have a good relationship and beautifully sharing their parents as if they are real siblings. That kind of relationship is ideal and maybe it was brought about by the good upbringing of both parents.

Jason76 likes this.
  3. JiLLian

JiLLian New Member

My father and mother were separated when we were young and I must admit that it was tough. It wasn't easy for me to adjust since I am the eldest and we were just so young to understand such difficult situation. I never had a good relationship with my stepfather. We always had arguments and all that. I had so much hatred. Until my father died, I realize that life is just so short for you to be miserable. So yeah, I chose to be happy because happiness is not a feeling, it's a choice. Cheers!

4. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

I had step brothers growing up and it was strange, but over time it did kind of even out and become easier, but we also went our separate ways for the most part, but still keep in touch. I imagine the relationships vary quite a bit depending on the circumstances.

5. tyche

tyche Active Member

Well that's a case to case basis, but I think if worse comes to worse the kids should just move out if applicable if they can't get along with their parents/step parents.

6. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

It is indeed a problematic situation. I do not think any thing great will come out of it. It needs handling to the best of their ability to maintain law and order. There is bound to be disharmony and hats off to those who can wade through peacefully.