Size of toddler's clothes

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by remnant, Jan 8, 2018.

1. remnant

remnant Member

Some toddlers grow quite fast and naturally, they tend to overgrow their clothes. Some parents are keen on the fitness aspect and buy clothes cut to size. I think it would make more sense to buy a cut above their size which translates into savings. For good measure, they should be easy to wash.

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

When we were young, my mother would always buy us clothes which were one size bigger. The reason is that we grow fast and for the clothes to last, we had to persevere in wearing clothes larger than our body for in a few months they will fit us. I think that is the attitude of mothers during that time. But now I can see parents spending more for the clothes of their children which I think is only right.

3. Hova

Hova Active Member

I think buying a size two too big is a great idea as they are going to grow into them. It also cuts down the cost of new clothes.

4. Risa

Risa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

Well I am a mom guilty of doing this one. Haha. For practical reasons, I always go for a size larger so that the clothes would last. However, my mom-in-law says it should not always be the case, since if the clothes are too big, it would look odd and appear like it wasn't my child's own clothes, especially for my little girl because she is the petite type. So now, I am more aware and let my kids try out fitting the clothes first before buying them.

5. Risa

Risa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

Well I am a mom guilty of doing this one. Haha. For practical reasons, I always go for a size larger so that the clothes would last. However, my mom-in-law says it should not always be the case, since if the clothes are too big, it would look odd and appear like it wasn't my child's own clothes, especially for my little girl because she is the petite type. So now, I am more aware and let my kids try out fitting the clothes first before buying them.

6. Dandy Lion

Dandy Lion New Member

Buying clothes one size up is usually a smart choice, you get so much more time out of it. Yes it will be a little big for a while, but most won't mind as long as it's not too uncomfortable. :emoji_innocent:

7. tyche

tyche Active Member

That's so true, and that's what all mothers should do, they should just buy clothes that are bigger in 2 or 3 sizes so that they could use them much longer.

8. Rossy303

Rossy303 New Member

That is very true. Most parents understand that kids grow very fast as compared to adults. As a parent, if you buying fitting clothes for your kids, you will be forced to go shopping for new clothes sooner than you would like. It would be wise to buy clothes that are slightly bigger. That way, your kids will wear their outfits for a longer time.