Importance of shaving of pubic hairs and maintaining good hygiene by nursing mothers to their babies

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Heatman, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

It's said that cleanliness leads to Godliness, and as such one is expected to take care of his body especially in shaving the pubic hairs.

Bathing is not all when it's comes to being clean, those pubic hairs tend to make the skin smell when being left for long without shaving it. And these offensive smells are not good to be inhaled by babies of nursing parents, so therefore, it's paramount that these hairs be shaved immediately they grow up.

So therefore, in respect to shaving your pubic hairs, what do you prefer to use in taking on such task - Clippers, shaving stick or shaving cream?

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

In our culture, shaving of pubic hair is taboo because it is against the natural look. Especially in children, it is unheard of because shaving is only done by foreigners and mostly fashion models. But I have learned lately that shaving the pubic hair is becoming a fashion in the younger generation. But still, I do not recommend it to children.

3. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

I'm not actually referring to the kids but the parent, specifically the nursing mother and her armpit hairs. When breastfeeding their babies, you can observe that those kids head are closer to the pubic armpit hairs and there is every tendency that they are inhaling the offensive smell erupting from that area.

In opinion, it's not good and healthy for such children, they are too tender to be perceiving such repugnant smell at that age, which is why I campaign for its regular shaving.

You opined that shaving of pubic hairs is a taboo in your country? I am really surprised to hear this. What country are you from?

4. Miches

Miches Active Member

First of all, some definitions should work and I got this from wikipedia:

Pubic hair is body hair found in the genital area of adolescent and adult humans, located on and around the sex organs, the crotch, and sometimes at the top of the inside of the thighs, in the pubic region around the pubis bone.

Now, can you blame @Alexandoy for his response that shaving pubic hair is taboo in his country? I, too, am shocked with this thread and I'm not quite sure if it belongs here. o_O

"I'm not actually referring to the kids but the parent, specifically the nursing mother and her armpit hairs. When breastfeeding their babies, you can observe that those kids head are closer to the pubic armpit hairs and there is every tendency that they are inhaling the offensive smell erupting from that area."

I've never seen breastfeeding viewed in this manner. I had to simulate the act to see where you're coming from :D . As a woman, I don't have armpit hairs (nada, zilch, zero) to begin with and women generally don't grow as much hair in armpit as men. I would be very shocked to see a lot of women with thick armpit hair like men. Likewise, having hairy armpit can't be equated to having an offensive smell as this can easily handled by bathing and the use of a gentle deodorant.

I have no idea how other women shave the hair in their armpits (if ever they do) but I'm sure that they have access to the internet as well as you do so that would be easy to find out. As far as I know, the armpit shouldn't smell bad at anytime, whether one is breastfeeding or not. That's basic hygiene.

5. KloeRinz

KloeRinz Member

Come on, guys. Extra pubic hair is basically home for bacteria. Thus, it is best to shave. Also, it feels more comfortable to shave. Trust me.

Heatman likes this.
  6. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

The title of this thread is confusing as it mentions kids who don't normally have pubic hair until they reach their teens.

Shaving is a very personal thing, some people like it for cleanliness, for others like @Alexandoy it is taboo. To be honest I don't really feel comfortable about discussing my preferences but I think a person should do whatever they want.

Heatman, usually I like your posts but I'm just not sure about this one :confused:

I just realised I misunderstood your post .. even so babies and young children are very resilient when it comes to germs .. indeed they don't need to be wrapped in cotton wool so being close to a mother's body hair shouldn't really do them any harm.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  7. tallulah

tallulah Active Member

I think you are throwing a wide blanket around on this. I have never heard such a thing being said about breastfeeding. And in fact, if it does exist, I doubt a mother's smelly armpits would harm her child while the child is being breastfed. You may have had a few or a lot of exposure to these kind of women, but I can tell you, that is not the general case everywhere else.

littlewitch66 likes this.
  8. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

I think that the wordings of my thread is what is leading to the misunderstanding of the information I tried to pass along. Maybe I would have to restructure it. I'm truly sorry for the inconveniences it has caused some of you and also I appreciate those that actually read in between the lines to understand what I really meant @KloeRinz. I was basically trying to touch on the need for a nursing mother to maintain a good hygiene for the sake of her new born baby, as I have witness some who are too unkempt and very dirty to answer a nursing mother.

littlewitch66 likes this.