Potty training

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by kamai, Jun 11, 2017.

1. kamai

kamai Active Member

I would like to know at what age your kids or yourself were fully potty trained. My daughter is now three and she recently stopped peeing at night even though she never peed when she was awake, but now she is fully used to it. I know every kid is different and some learn at a later age. My mom told me I was fully potty trained fairly quick as for my sibling took a bit longer, so I am just curious to know the different timing.

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

Based on my experience with my daughter and the other children in our family, potty training depends not on the age of the child but in the development. There are children who walk and talk before reaching the first birthday and there are those who talk at age 2. With potty training, a 1 year old child can do it if its development is exceptional. But normally, it is 2 to 3 years old which I think is just the right age for most children.

3. Miches

Miches Active Member

This is one area where my child was unexpectedly advanced for his condition. At age 1.5, he stopped using diapers completely because he would wake himself up at night to pee. He would regularly go to the restroom to poop. It didn't take long to potty train him. I was prepared to spend for disposable diapers for a few year more but my sister advised me to stop using them so he would be more aware that he needs to go to the bathroom. My own nephew stopped wearing diapers when he reached the age of one. My sister braved the gore and allowed him to walk around the house without diapers. That's how my nephew learned to go to the bathroom when nature calls.

kamai likes this.
  4. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

avi.jpg This one story I must share. He was my neighbour's grandchild. A cute guy who had come down from the US with his parents spending time here. He loved the atmosphere as there was enough space for him to run around. And run around he did with nothing on him. And yes we are talking about potty training. He gave his mother a tough time. Each time he felt the need I am told he would go inside climb up and pick up a pamper from the cupboard and put it on himself. His companionship with the pamper lasted well beyond.

kamai likes this.
  5. crazeemumrocks

crazeemumrocks New Member

My youngest child began using the comfort room by himself when he was 3. I didn't really train him or anything, I just got fascinated when I saw him using the toilet by himself. Of course, I rushed to accompany him, and asked where he learned to do that. I felt like it was something to celebrate about! I found out later that his sisters were the ones who trained him.

kamai likes this.