I can see it in your eyes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Twinkle, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Twinkle

Twinkle New Member

This might sound weird but I was remembering it the other day so I thought I'd share it.

I remember going with mum to the corner-shop and have the owner insist to my mum that she was pregnant. like she was so sure just by looking at her eyes. It was so weird. Like enthusiastically insisting on it.

But the weirdest thing is that it was true. Mum at the time was just a few weeks in and she was keeping it a secret from everyone (including my dad) at the time that she was trying to get pregnant. It is such a bizarre thing because I still don't know how could she know or what kind of changes appear in pregnant women face for others to recognise it so early.

have you ever have something like this happen? Someone telling and being right just by looking at the pregnant person? Or do you think that was just a fluke? She was so sure and I find it incredible.

2. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

The eyes really do tell a whole other story for some people, and there is reason why people say that they are the windows to the soul. I had a cousin who was a cop and he would always say he could tell if people were guilty this way.

3. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

I have never heard or known anything like this before as far as pregnancy is concerned. Indeed it is intriguing and one can get curious.

I can't say that she was completing guessing as sometimes I too can tell someone's profession and few other things just by looking at their eyes. I don't know how I know such stuffs but they just suddenly come to me very very strongly and I can't help but ask and am often right.

4. kamai

kamai Active Member

You just reminded me about a friend who predicted that I was pregnant just by looking at my eyes. I didn't even know myself I was pregnant since I was just suspecting it since my period was late a few days but that sometimes happened to me that's why I wasn't so sure. Before I took a blood test she insisted that it would be positive and sure enough it was and to top it off she said my baby would be a girl and she is. I asked how she knew but all she said is there was a sparkle in your eyes that only expectant mothers have. To be honest I don't notice these things on pregnant woman so I am still wondering.

5. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

According to history, particularly in 16th century, it was Jacques Guillemeau, a physician who proved that a woman is pregnant through her eyes. The physician said that if a woman has developed "deep-set eyes with small pupils, drooping lids and swollen little veins in the corner of her eyes". This proves that the woman is pregnant.

Decentlady likes this.
  6. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

Thanks for this information. Now I shall be on a lookout for pregnant women and their eyes. I had a feeling it had to do something with the pupils as hormones do act in certain fashion, looks like parasympathetic system is at work during early pregnancy.