How are you celebrating Christmas this year?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ptahm22, Dec 22, 2016.

1. ptahm22

ptahm22 Member

Christmas is in a few days. Some of us are happy and they already have plans and they have saved enough. Others are just happy they will have a day off from work. Some people are also complaining that Christmas has lost its actual meaning.
    What are your plans this Christmas?

2. kamai

kamai Active Member

My plan is to stay home and have a nice dinner with my baby and husband. Apparently he will be the one cooking which is great because he is a better cook than I am. I will be giving my child a few gifts and hope to have a nice time which I'm sure I will.

Elsa likes this.
  3. workingbuck

workingbuck Active Member

We just visited my wife's grandma, cooked some food which her grandma requested. Just a bit of a family gathering which is always special for us.

Elsa likes this.
  4. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

This topic is so "right now" again :) So I too would like to ask, what do you do on Christmas?

As for me and my family, it's a time spent with loved ones - we visit my husband's relatives to greet them and then go home to my parents for a get-together with all my siblings. It's really my favorite time of the year. It allows me to relax and laugh out loud with my ever wacky brothers and sisters, haha. And it's great to see my baby nieces and nephews because I miss babies ever since my children have all grown up :)

Happy Holidays everyone!

James McAllister likes this.
  5. Elsa

That sounds like a wonderful and cozy way to spend Christmas. A great family bonding time, too! Are you doing the same thing this year?

Happy Holidays!

6. Elsa

Getting together with family members is always a special moment. I wish we could do it weekly. Unfotunately, for me and my family, we only get to do it twice a year - during my parents' anniversary and Christmas, which is a get-together with all my siblings as well. We live a few hours from them so I don't get to visit them frequently.

workingbuck likes this.
  7. tallulah

tallulah Active Member

Christmas is my favourite time of the year :). There is just so much joy and happiness in the air. Everyone is happy, jovial and carefree. The malls are full and decorated in such beautiful colours. For me, I will be visiting family on Christmas Day for some great quality time. Lots to eat and drink, laughter, joy, happiness and fun. I am so looking forward to this.

Elsa and Risa like this.
  8. workingbuck

workingbuck Active Member

True, I hated such occasions when I was a kid since there are a lot of people around. But now that I'm an adult, I finally understand. I do want to spend a lot of time with my family. Going out of town or just a simple gathering will do. But because of our busy schedule, we rarely do such things.

Elsa and Risa like this.
  9. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

Simple and light and easy this year, which seems to be the way things are trending lately. I am absolutely not complaining either, and while I miss the big family stuff a little, it is nice just relaxing with close family.

Elsa and Risa like this.
  10. Risa

Risa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

Christmas really is in the air and I always love this season. Christmas is the time when families get together and young children are very happy because of the gift-sharing. As for me, Christmas is always spent with family. My mother in law always cook her best food recipe for the Christmas eve, and the kids are exchanging gifts with their cousins. My mom and younger siblings usually comes over and we will have a lot of fun things to do.

Elsa and James McAllister like this.
  11. Risa

Simple and light sounds pretty cool @Holmes22 . We need not always spend too much or work for something extravagant. The true spirit of Christmas is with love and sharing. Hope you'll have quality time with your family this Christmas.

12. Risa

I couldn't agree more @tallulah . Children and adult alike, always look forward for Christmas. We see colorful decors, hear Christmas songs and get together as a family. I hope you'll have a good time with your family this coming holiday!

Elsa likes this.
  13. Elsa

Oh yes, as a kid, we really do not understand why we have to attend family get-togethers because we're only concerned about ourselves. Now, as adults, we already know why and we absolutely love it! I'm sure our kids will realize the importance of family bonding as well when they become adults.

14. cmoneyspinner

cmoneyspinner New Member

~ It's not even close to the Christmas holiday but the weirdest thing has happened in our house. My kids put up the tree for Christmas for 2017 and they never took it down. At first, I thought they were keeping it up for the month of January. That was unusual but not far-fetched. Sometimes other people keep their Christmas tree up until January is over. But after January came February, then March, then April and now it's May. o_O OK kids! I get it! You're going to leave that tree up until Christmas 2018! :confused::confused:

15. tyche

tyche Active Member

Plans? I just stay home during Christmas season because I live alone.

16. Liranda

Liranda New Member

Will celebrate with my daughter and husband.