Her First Step!!!

Discussion in 'Babies' started by naruto100, Sep 6, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

Okay, I am really really happy today as my little Angel walked her first step successfully. It was first time I seen her trying to walking. And within few hours she is really doing well. Even she looks really excited about the same and keep trying. We have to take care of her more now as she is keep trying and falling down, but she is not giving up at all. Very happy right now. Its really wonderful feeling to explain. I am sure everybody feels the same when they see their kids like this.

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

That's really great news for the parents - the baby's first step. I wish you had captured that in a video. That's my advice to new parents, take pictures everyday, take videos as often as you could. I know that the baby is the treasure of the family for the moment and saving that treasured moment can be in pictures and videos. Don't forget that babies grow fast. You will be surprised that in a short time, the baby begins to talk, walk and go to school.

naruto100 likes this.
  3. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

Congratulations! That's exciting news. I am truly happy that she has taken her first brave step. This is usually because of the lack of fear at this age.

Fear hinders most of our new adventures in life. Childhood innocence is truly a blessing.

naruto100 likes this.
  4. Risa

Risa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

A baby's first step is indeed a rewarding experience for parents. It is a milestone that every member of the family looks forward to as well. Congratulations to you and your baby @naruto100 ! Just make sure the place is safe for your baby to practice walking.

naruto100 likes this.
  5. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

Yes we always used to captured photos and videos of our baby. So yes I haven't missed this moment too. We have taken video form phone, so it will be like memory for every. Yes she is really growing fast , can't even imagine as just few months back she just born. Time really travels fast.

6. harijobs

harijobs Member

Congratulations my friend. I am so happy to hear this and this is a great news for you as a parent. Like @Alexandoy said make sure you capture those wonderful special moments as they will be treasures when your baby grows and it will be an awesome experience when you see those photos and videos when they grow up. I am so happy right now. :)

naruto100 likes this.
  7. Kat

Kat New Member

That's great, congrats! This is such an exciting event for every parent. It's good that she's not giving up at all, she seems to be determined. I agree with what others have said, make sure to save the moment. It's so great to see them take their first step and start to explore everything on their own.

8. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

Congratulations to you!! I can imagine how exciting you are, as my youngest just started to walk on his own about two weeks ago. My baby was very excited that he was able to walk on his own too after "practicing" for long time. It's really time to celebrate for baby's first step. And now, I guess you have to start watching more closely, my baby started to climb up to the chair, and then table all the time now. :D

It's also interesting to watch different kids starting to walk differently depending on their personality. You can tell some kids are more adventurous and some might be more cautious from how they start to walk. My younger two really started walking at older age, but they seldom fell down as I think they wanted to make sure they are really ready then only they start walking. It's just really interesting and amazing to watch the kids' growing up and also different kids' personality during their development. Enjoy your fatherhood!! :)

naruto100 likes this.
  9. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

That is great news, and certainly one of those things that you will never forget. That sure takes me back, and just be sure to enjoy it and relive it over and over.

naruto100 likes this.
  10. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

My daughter is putting great efforts too. Though she is excited but still she is more cautious about falling down. So she is going slowly and safely. But yes from now on we have to take care of her more. Because she is keep trying on. Many times she has fallen down too. But she is keep trying it. Yes she is also trying to climbing sofa at our home. So it is quite exciting and we have to be more careful from now on.

kaka135 likes this.
  11. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

Congratulations to you and your wife! It is such a great pleasure and joy when you witness your baby's milestones. It is actually such a simple thing, taking a step forward, but when your baby does it for the first time, it fills you up with such joy and pride that you will never experience in any other thing. Do make sure that you document her walk and all the cute little things she does with your phone!

naruto100 likes this.
  12. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

He he.. Yes I am capturing almost all the things. I am really good in taking photos and videos as its my hobby too. Yes normally it is very simple thing , but it makes really special when our baby do it first time. Our whole family is in full of joy by seeing her improving day by day. Thank you.

nangk08 likes this.
  13. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

I am actually very delighted that so many young fathers like you are taking so much interest in your babies, celebrating their milestones etc. It is indeed very nice. I don't know if it is a tradition in your place, but here in Maharashtra when a baby first starts walking, we make a thin paste of good quality kumkum in water and encourage the baby to step into it and then take some steps on the floor making impressions of the red kumkum. It is for good luck and wellbeing.

naruto100 likes this.
  14. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

One of the lessons I learned from my eldest is to let go. Trust your child, believe she can do it and let her do it. As parents, I am sure none of us want to see our kids fall down, get hurt or fail, and we are so tempted to just help them out.

I remember when my eldest started to walk, he would try to do lots of things on his work. There were many times I thought he would not be able to make it, but I forced myself to just wait, and many times he could actually make it, with a face full of satisfaction. He really taught me this, and this still works for my other kids. Of course, I am still always be near and get ready in case they fall down badly. I still can't let go totally. :D

naruto100 likes this.
  15. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

Thanks. I don't want to miss any moment of my angel.

About tradition. I never seen here so far. Though I will ask to some elders about it. But as it is for good luck then I will surely do it. I guess I have seen something like this when girls get marry. Girls' father used to take foot print for good luck. Not sure.

nangk08 likes this.
  16. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

True, like this way even kids will get confident in their self. The same thing my father used to tell me. They always tell me to watch her but let her do what she wants. By this way they will learn to do things by their self.

17. Rock1987

Rock1987 New Member

I am feeling very happy for you. You should record her first steps and keep on recording such activities. You should cherish these moments to the fullest as these remarkable moments occur less often in people's lives. When she grows up you can show her the recorded video.

naruto100 likes this.
  18. BelindaMT

BelindaMT New Member

All first-time parents are really excited in every development of their first born baby. From the first word, first tooth, first head-up, first crawl and of course the first step of the baby. On my first baby, I capture all the moment of his development and the most exciting part is his first step or walk. However, on my second baby, I didn't record and captured some of his development maybe I was not that really excited compared to my firstborn. Honestly, I regret that I did not complete to record the development of my second baby. His baby book is boring because of that. My second son is now 7 years old and he keeps on asking me why I had only a few pictures of him when he was a baby and I feel guilty every time he asked. He thinks that I love more his brother than him.I don't know if this happens also to other parents out there or it's just really me.

My advice to parents, capture all the moment because you can never turn back time. Keeping records, videos, and pictures of your baby is good gift when they get old.

19. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

We are already doing that. I always used to record all her activities on my mobile phone. Yes these are sweet moments and she will enjoy all these contents when she will grow up. Not only she, we will enjoy it too later on. Yes its really happy moment now, in very short time she has improved lot and she is walking really great now.