Feeling happy when pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Alexandoy, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

We have a tradition here when the wife gets pregnant. That she has to see only nice things and feel only positive vibrations. That will give the baby a better personality and character even before the development as a child. It is actually part factual and part folklore. But come to think of it, a pregnant woman needs to be feeling good all the time because her emotions affect the baby in her womb.

2. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

If the pregnancy came in the right manner, definitely the mother would be one of most happiest person in the world, and the same thing goes for the husband or father of the unborn child.

But the case is always different when it's an unwanted pregnant and the mother probably don't wish to have the baby aborted. There would definitely be a negative vibe in the women's attitude towards the pregnancy and I can't real blame the woman.

Luckymadon likes this.
  3. gibbs

gibbs New Member

The child has to get the right vibrations In order to have a good life, that I believe.

4. Emma kwamboka

Emma kwamboka New Member

It's the opposite. During my pregnancy, it was normal to find my moods a bit unpredictable. I may be giggling away one minute, only to be crying for no apparent reason the next. Or perhaps I became easily irritated, and nothing my partner said or did seemed to help.

One main reason for mood swings is the change in hormonal level. When a woman conceives, the amount of oestrogen and progesterone in the blood increases. This helps to prepare the body for pregnancy, bit if can also affect their mood, making us feel tearful and irritated.

5. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

I was happy when I discovered I was pregnant with my first child but not for long as I found that I had serious complications later on in the pregnancy and had to stay in hospital for 9 weeks. It was quite a stressful time. With my daughter I had a twin pregnancy and lost one. I can't say I enjoyed being pregnant either time.

Luckymadon likes this.
  6. tyche

tyche Active Member

That's true, I heard about that myth that a pregnant woman must be happy all the time so that the baby won't be "affected". It doesn't hurt to try to follow the myth, right?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  7. Mika

Mika Active Member

The same here, we even replace photo frames with happy and smiling children in our bedrooms, try to keep the would be mother as happy as possible and feed them with healthy and nourishing diets which is good for mother and baby in the womb.

8. tallulah

tallulah Active Member

Yes I agree that the mother's mood will affect the baby to a certain extent. Health professionals always advocates that a pregnant woman needs to be in a relaxed, comfortable and conducive environment at all times. Some mothers even play soft music in the house to soothe or calm the baby. Some pregnant women relax by doing simple exercises like swimming or walking.

Kieranlewix likes this.
  9. JiLLian

JiLLian New Member

I agree! Me and my husband were very happy when I was pregnant. Aside from that, you also have to eat healthy food for the nourishment of your baby. You will want your baby to be healthy. Babies are blessing from God you should be happy having one!

cmoneyspinner and Kieranlewix like this.
  10. Ma. Crisel Yumul

Ma. Crisel Yumul New Member

When you get pregnant you will encounter hormonal changes. There will be times that you are upset, happy, sad excited, enraged inlove and a lot more.

Luckymadon likes this.
  11. Luckymadon

Luckymadon New Member

My first pregnancy was complicated. I tried to remain as positive as possible, but my life circumstances at that time were depressing and I gained a lot of weight which added to the depression. My second pregnancy was happier. I went through it without any of the complications I had with the first.

Both of my daughters are happy and healthy. That's all I could ever hope for.

12. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

Complications makes pregnancy a very worrying and stressful situation for the pregnant mother, it's never easy at all in any. Sometimes, I do adore women with how strong they are when battling with pregnancy problems.

13. to7update

to7update Active Member

Nice topic! I have an image of my wife when she was pregnant from our first kid, she was having breakfast in a sunny day, big belly, and she was really happy and beautiful. I wish it could always be like that. :)

14. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

I do agree with you on that when someone is expecting a child, whatever wishes the mother has, should be given or accomplish. It's also a tradition in out country that whatever the wishes of a pregnant woman should be always be accomplished.

15. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

Yes, I totally agree with this, I believe mother's emotions and surroundings affect the baby very much. I was very happy when I was pregnant as we planned for the babies. I did feel down, upset and tired sometimes, especially when I was overwhelmed, I kept reminding myself to be calm and cheered up myself.

I have also read that if the mother wanted to abort the baby, the baby could "sense" it, and the negative emotion might even be carried to the baby until his or her adulthood.

16. cmoneyspinner

cmoneyspinner New Member

Pregnancy is a blessing and being able to bring a life into this world is a Divine gift. A pregnant woman should be elated! Overjoyed!! Thrilled! But there is no “one size fits all” for every woman's pregnancy. There are some women who breed like rabbits. Another woman has to spend practically her entire pregnancy in a hospital bed. Everybody wants the end result to be the same: a happy healthy baby. But we all know the end result is not always the same. The woman should not believe she did something wrong if there is a complication before birth, during the birth, or after the baby is born. Having a baby is enough trauma to the body – to mother and baby. I like your tradition. I say do everything you can to make the expecting mother happy.

Mika likes this.