Father baby sitting

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jojo_1234, Sep 10, 2017.

1. jojo_1234

jojo_1234 New Member

Hello there I maybe new to this site but I had quite an experience already in taking care of babies. I used to be naive when it comes to taking care of babies but I had to learn after my wife started her new job. While the nanny arrives late I have to stay with the baby most of the time. I love kids and I love taking care of them but it is always different when a baby is being taken cared of by the mother. Now that I am able to spend some more time I get to learn a lot of stuff's in parenting and if that doesn't work check YouTube for some help. Luckily I get to discover this site and it is a big help. Baby sitting is not easy and now I know how difficult it is too to be a mom.

2. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

Hi JoJo! It's wonderful to have you here. You're definitely at a great place to learn lots and I'm sure we have a lot we can learn from you as well through your experiences!

jojo_1234 likes this.
  3. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

That's really cool. You are doing really good job. Yes this site will be surely helpful to you in many ways. I found some really interesting discussions related to kids here. Also good place to share any confusion or problem. Keep doing good work. As a father I can understand handling baby alone is not easy thing. As even I did it many times and its surely not easy. Keep it up.

jojo_1234 likes this.
  4. tallulah

tallulah Active Member

Hello there @jojo_1234 . You are on the right track with this and I am sure you are doing a great job looking after your precious little one. There is still a lot of awareness that needs to be done in this area as most fathers still think the mother should be the one taking care of the baby. This is a responsibility that can and should be shared between both parents. A man is capable of looking after a baby as much as a woman.

jojo_1234 likes this.
  5. ABlessed

ABlessed Member

It's good that even though you have a nanny that comes over, you are taking care of your baby, especially with the mom being at work. It is great to have child care, whether it be outside the home at a daycare, or having in-home help with a nanny, but it is ideal when the baby's parents are the ones to take care of the child. After all, it is their child. As a dad taking care of your own child, you can give the kind of care to your child that you want the child to have. Raising a child is hard work, but it's also very rewarding.