Dining Out With Baby? Here’s 10 Top Tips To Ensure A Stress-Free Experience

Discussion in 'Starlight Baby Blog Posts' started by Starlight Baby, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Starlight Baby

Starlight Baby Member

2. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

I am not sure that you could round up enough tips and safety nets to make anyone completely comfortable with the situation. Thinking back I am not sure we did this all that much, but I do know that when we did it was usually a headache.

Elsa likes this.
  3. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

That is indeed a very useful and informative article. Now I see people becoming more aware of having a child-friendly enviornment everywhere, especially hotels and restaurants so that the parents could enjoy a dinner or lunch out in peace. 10 years ago, there was hardly any arrangement of any type, I just went out to a restaurant only a couple of times until my son was 2 years old. On one occasion, I had to finish my dinner quickly while my husband strolled outside with my baby trying to keep him amused. After I finished I took up the strolling business while my husband ate. The second occasion, my baby was a bit older and the restaurant manager took quite a fancy to him and kept him amused and played with him on the counter while we ate in peace!

Elsa likes this.
  4. Mika

Mika Active Member

Yes we always checked which restaurants provided baby seats and had the facilities in case my baby needed attention. Fortunately, while bringing my daughter up I always lived either in capital city of my country or silicon valley of India where all these facilities were available in most good restaurants. Some of the restaurants even had baby sitting facilities available but we always made her daughter sit near us on a specially designed chair provided by restaurant and we also carried her pram in our car just in case.

Elsa likes this.
  5. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

I could totally imagine how it was on your end back then, haha. It could really become unpleasant at times. We also didn't dine out much when my kids were young because of the possible 'riot' it could become.

6. Elsa

Thinking back, I think that was also how things went when we dined out with our kids when they were young. I usually end up the last to eat (mostly leftovers, haha) because I have to feed them first, with my husband eating with them.

nangk08 likes this.
  7. Elsa

True, child-friendly restaurants would usually have baby seats/high chairs. This is an important option unless you want your child to be sitting on your lap all throughout dinner.