Children receiving too many gifts for Christmas

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Alexandoy, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I haven't experienced receiving too many gifts for Christmas but I am seeing so many children who are lucky to experience that. Now, what do you do with the excess gifts? More likely you will keep it because it is part of the souvenir of you child. But think if there are 5 toys of the same kind? And with the food like candies and chocolates, that would ruin the health of your child.

Jason76 likes this.
  2. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

I don't agree at all. Well, I do sort of. It depends on the child's attitude toward the gifts. I mean, are they spoiled or not? That's the question. However, assuming they're not, I don't think a limit on gifts is important. In fact, the more the merrier.

3. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

I agree! Receiving too many gifts would actually make children feel overwhelmed and then, get used to all the attention and make them feel vain about themselves. I have seen this with kids of my husband's cousins. If a child receives too many gifts of a kind, then ideally, the parents should encourage their child to give it to lesser fortunate kids as gifts or to some orphanage or some such place and imbibe values of sharing and kindness in them.