Are you talking about Solar Eclipse with your children?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kaka135, Aug 18, 2017.

1. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

The Great America Eclipse is coming soon. Though we do not live in America and we will not be seeing the eclipse here, it's exciting to share the information about solar eclipse and knowledge about the space with my children, especially my eldest.

Are you discussing the eclipse with your children?

2. tyche

tyche Active Member

Well, my parents never seemed to care about astronomy, so I don't think they would even open that topic. It's quite boring too in my opinion.

3. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

I didn't know much about astronomy too. I don't think my parents talked much about it to me and our school didn't teach much about it too. My eldest son is very interested in it since he was young, and hence I started to read more about it so that I can teach him.

4. tyche

tyche Active Member

@kaka135, My mom was more concerned about asking how my day was when I got home from school or about my social interactions with others. You know, she's trying to be my friend so that she can discipline me well. No science talk at all. lol.

5. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Active Member

I would tell your kids to be careful not to look at the solar eclipse without the proper eye protection and find a vendor that sells eclipse glasses,solar filters and viewers-sunglasses will not work. Here where I am, we are to experience 90 percent totality and this goes from 1 to 4 pm today actually as I write this-also they say mars and venus will be bright,with birds going quiet and temperatures dropping-so it sounds quite interesting in a scientific way.