15 Practical Parenting Tips You’ll Want To Remember

Discussion in 'Kinacle Blog Posts' started by Kinacle (Bot), May 12, 2017.

1. Kinacle (Bot)

Kinacle (Bot) Member

2. Mika

Mika Active Member

I think all those suggestions are worth following but attracted my attention was the one that said, 'develop better communication with your partner'. I think a partner should know the situation on his own and try to help his partner as much as he can. He should understand that his partner is going through a very stressful stage so he should understand her sentiments and if he can help her solve some of the problems instead of increasing them that will be better for their relationship.

3. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

My wife is a practical kind of person in whatever she's been doing. I couldn't remember if she's been following these practical tips on parenting. She's alway on the alert if something may happen to our kids. She knows exactly what to do. I ask her if what is her secret. She told me that she'd learned it from her late mother.

Well, I don't have to argue with her or debate about her practical methodology of handling our kids. What I have practically been doing is to give my all-out support to her. We keep always our communication open and everything runs smoothly.

4. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

I think it's really important to encourage children to talk to you if they are troubled by something because it's so bad to keep it bottled up inside. My granddaughter had a very bad start in life and although she is 10 and seems fine, I am always wondering whether deep down she is affected by things that happened when she was around 4 which is the age she came to me.

I always say to her if she is worried about anything she can come and tell me and I hope she always will, especially as she approaches the teeange years when children become more secretive anyway.

5. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

Well I just love the title, and the more practical that you can get when you are talking kids the more attention I will pay. Nothing was more frustrating than the books that you know were written by people without kids.

littlewitch66 likes this.
  6. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

Note that exercise, one of the tips given, can be a challenge to many because only 16 percent of Americans get enough of it. If only 16 percent get enough exercise, then how many of that small percentage are parents? In that case, it might be logical to say that few parents get adequate exercise.

7. freebird37

freebird37 New Member

Being a parent is not easy but it doesn't have to be difficult. Reading suggestions from other moms can be a huge help. I think one of the most important of the suggestions mentioned is to first take care of yourself. Get plenty of sleep if possible. I know that can sometimes be almost impossible to do when your baby is small. If possible, sleep when your baby sleeps. Making time for yourself is very important also, it helps to regroup and giver you a fresher mind. Being on the same page with your partner is crucial. You should both come to an understanding of how to do things and be agreeable with it. All of the suggestions mentioned are useful little nuggets especially for a new mom. Not comparing yourself to other moms is important because a lot of moms deal with guilt over the tiniest little things. Everyone has different ways of doing things, some things will work for some but not for others.