Our Store Is Open!

Discussion in 'Announcements / Meta' started by James McAllister, Mar 6, 2017.

1. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

After months of preparation, our store has launched! To celebrate, we're offering an exclusive 10% off coupon if you shop now:

https://Shop.kinacle.com

We've designed our store with you in mind, and will constantly be looking to improve your shopping experience as your feedback rolls in. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help us further our mission of making lives easier for parents and children around the world.

I'd also like to thank all the people that took the time to chime in their opinions and feedback when I was asking about baby clothes in this thread a couple months ago - they really shaped the direction we took and I thank you for it.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to see how things continue to develop over the coming months!

to7update, kaka135 and Mika like this.
  2. to7update

to7update Active Member

Congratulations @James McAllister! :)

The starting image is looking great, those baby sheep there remind me of my kids when they were babies and had similar toys. :) The structure is pretty good too, you have categories for boys, girls, and neutral and then you display the products in cool categories, so overall great job! ;)

James McAllister likes this.
  3. James McAllister

Thanks! We're going to be tweaking and testing the design as we add more products to make it as easy as possible but I've been very happy with how it's been going so far. I appreciate your input, we're going to do everything we can to make it as great as possible!

to7update likes this.
  4. to7update

to7update Active Member

No problem. :) Why don't you post some threads every now and then here on the forum asking for the members about our opinion? Maybe even some polls regarding some aspects you are just not sure? Just an idea. :)

Looking great so far though. ;)

5. TheKnight

TheKnight Active Member

I looked through the whole site. At least I think so. I have a few changes I would make.
    • Make the ''Free shipping on orders over $50'' more obvious such as adding it to the slide cards on the homepage at the top and not at the bottom since that brings people to want to purchase more or add it somewhere else in bigger letters
    • Add ''unisex'' or something of that sort to the top blue tabs after boys and girls
    • It would be better if clicking on the slide card images didn't refresh the page
    The rest is good. It's simple and there aren't any confusing navigation issues. Those are just minor things I'd do.

6. James McAllister

Good idea, thanks. It would certainly be helpful to get the community's input on a lot of things, I'll have to post more threads asking what you all think when it comes to new decisions. :)

Appreciate the time you took looking through the site and I've passed those recommendations on to the person who works on the store. I believe he's going to add the shipping offer to the checkout page as a reminder but I'm not entirely sure yet what the plan is.

In any case again I really appreciate the advice and suggestions!

TheKnight likes this.
  7. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

Well that is certainly exciting. I also agree that the more that you can incorporate some feedback into your decision making the more you will be in line with your customers, and that is always a good thing. Best of luck going forward.

8. Miches

Miches Active Member

I think that overall it's a great start for the Starlight Baby store. The site is easy to use and offers different ways to search for products. The prints are amusing and interesting, too. It made me really think about having a baby again. :rolleyes: I'm sure that babies will be happy and comfortable in those fashionable white bodysuits. I hope to see more products on the store soon. Perhaps you can also include colored baby clothes for parents who may want to deviate from the standard white suits for babies.

9. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

This store finds interest in me. I check it awhile ago and it looks great. The products are affordable though they're limited but as far as kid's needs and concern on his apparel could be purchased there.

I don't have kiddies anymore. My children are already grown up except of course of our 4-year old smart granddaughter. Some other days, I would try to buy something there. However my problem is my residence. I live in the Philippines.

10. James McAllister

Haha @Miches you're not the first person to say that! ;) I've been posting pictures all over my social media pages and a few of my Facebook friends keep telling me that I'm making them want to have a baby. Blue and pink bodysuits we think will be available in a few months, and shirts up to 4 years old will be here sooner than that.

@Nocturnal Writer You are right, we are expanding the products we sell quickly but unfortunately we just don't have the money yet to offer everything we want to. In time we'll have a lot more to sell. And if something ever does interest you, don't hesitate - we ship to most countries including the Phillipines! :emoji_smile:

11. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

This really makes me wish that my timing was better. I think that I could have used a couple more options when my kids were younger, so that would have been nice.

12. Shay

Shay New Member

Congratulations I'm opening up a store of my own as well it will be a pastry shop

13. James McAllister

That's wonderful and how exciting! Here's hoping its a massive success!

14. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

Congrats (I know I'm late but I only saw this topic now)! :D

Some day I think about opening my own business too, but I still don't know exactly what. :rolleyes: Maybe something related to cooking (I'm not a chef, but I learn easy and I like to manage the things)... A restaurant could be a great option. :)

Elsa likes this.
  15. HazelDJ

HazelDJ New Member

I will be recommending your products to my sister in law. She has a 1 year old baby. I hope that there will no problem with shipping the products to the Philippines.

Risa likes this.
  16. millyn

millyn New Member

It's a very nice site especially to first time mommies or mommies-wanna-be like me! it excites us more and wanted to have a baby as soon as possible. babies stuff are always adorable and enticing to mothers'/mothers-to-be eyes so it would be better to post more pictures and items to choose from. :)

17. James McAllister

Good suggestion - thanks! :emoji_smile: