maintaing weight while pregnant.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by josephen, Apr 27, 2017.

1. josephen

josephen New Member

I am Not sure what happens to ladies during pregnancy as Most of them end up fatter. Is there a way to maintain wait during pregancy?

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

I think keeping a balanced diet (if necessary, doing a diet re-education for it... it's not simple, but it's fundamental for those who have difficulty in acquiring new habits) and doing physical exercises with a certain frequency helps a lot (and this is already more than scientifically proven).

Maintaining a regular sleep schedule is also a good idea because the body system will work better.

3. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I remember my mother with her weight problem whenever she would get pregnant. Her appetite increases drastically and she goes hungry often that's why she has to eat otherwise hunger may affect the baby. And after giving birth, she is found to have gained 30 pounds or more. Her doctor would say that increased weight by 10 pounds is common for pregnant women but more than that is not good anymore.

4. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

During pregnancy it is a must to gain weight upto 10-12 kgs depending on your health condition. Your doctor can advice you better.

Moreover, it is very easy to gain weight during breastfeeding as you feel more hungry during that time.

Post delivery however, you can reduce weight slowly by exercising. There are exercises that targets your lower belly that is usually hardest to loose especially post ceaserian section.

5. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

But I have read that breastfeeding might help the mom to lose weight faster and easier. From my own experience, even though I have been hungry and eating almost all the time, I lost weight quite fast while I was breastfeeding my babies. It's said lots of energy are required, hence it's not easy to put on weight. But of course, it also depends what and how we eat.

For gaining weight during pregnancy, I think it depends on individual. Some women gain weight easier and faster as compared to others. Some pregnant ladies have good appetite, but some don't. Doctor always advised on maintaining within a range, losing weight or gaining too much weight is not good too. By maintaining weight, I guess we have to have healthy diet and sleep well too.

6. josephen

josephen New Member

It's really hard as I have observed with many women in my life. 90% of them gain weight and are unable to shed the weight.
    If there was a way to regulate the women's emotional swings and appetite.

7. Anne

Anne New Member

That might also depend on what type of weight the pregnancy left. It could be edema, placenta residue, or fat & uterine muscle. In a normal pregnancy a woman gains a bit of all, and that's weight that takes up to 6 months to shake off completely. But people with metabolic issues, like diabetes, high cholesterol or even a slow metabolism, might gain more fat than the rest of the components, which makes it harder to shake off.

Also another thing to notice is diet and the overall stress. Having a child for the first time is earthshaking for some women, and there's women that eat their stress away adding to the weight they're trying to lose.

8. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

I know that this was something that my wife just throw out the window after the first child, and to her surprised I think that kind of actually worked to help her. Maybe it was just an attitude thing but either way.