Discomfort during advanced pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Decentlady, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

Although the topic mentions advance but this is not limited to just d advanced phase of pregnancy it may be applicable to anywhere diring pregnancy and even post pregnancy.

Many women however experience various kinds of discomforts like a heavy abdomen, frequent micturation, tender/painful pubic area, tender or a little swollen groin, difficulty in breathing, easy fatiguability, difficulty in sleeping, insomnia and swolen feet.

While most of these are common during the last trimester of pregnancy due to increasing baby weight and lower position of the baby, some may actually be due to medical reasons like asthma, anaemia or even a failing heart in pregnancy for those with these problems.

It may be good idea to be in touch with your gyno for clarification in such times.

2. Binu

Binu Member

Since my wife is pregnant I am reading a lot of materials regarding pregnancy and parenting. I have heard that first trimester and third trimester are dangerous time for pregnant women. If you don't take caution, you can go through miscarriage in first trimester, and in the third trimester, you may go through premature birth.

3. tony

tony Active Member

The two more delicate periods of pregnancy are the first three months and the last three months. Of these the third trimester is more crucial, as the baby gets bigger in weight and size the mother gets some corresponding body changes too, and sometimes health issues. I am of the opinion during the last three months of pregnancy regular antenatal or visits to the gynecology should be compulsory to avoid any sudden health complication(s)

4. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Active Member

The last couple of months of my pregnancy were the most uncomfortable, I had a lot of heartburn, severely swollen feet, and had a hard time sleeping due to the weight gain, and tender breasts. We all go through different discomforts during our pregnancies, some are worse than others.:(

5. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

There are certain discomforts throughout, but yes, it can get a bit overwhelming late in the pregnancy. Most expectant moms that I've known, are pretty worn out by the time it's time to give birth. It's hard carrying another entire person around inside you! :)

When the baby gets big and moves more, it sometimes feels like they are tap dancing (or playing kickball) on your organs. Sometimes, they move way to one side. It's awkward. It can even be a bit painful (and it looks hilarious when your whole "bump" is over on one side).

If pain is unusual or severe then yes, you should get it checked out.

Despite any discomforts, it's all worth it and it all goes away when you finally get to see your precious baby's face.

6. Miches

Miches Active Member

I remember the frequent cramps which often came at night while I was sleeping and the general feeling that I was untidy and ugly. My pregnancy did not go the full course because the water bag broke just before my baby reached 7 months in my womb. I had to be rushed to the hospital but he came out only 36 hours later. The loss of control over my own body is perhaps the worst discomfort I've felt during that momentous period in my life. The prenatal checkups were most uncomfortable. It was a glorious feeling to be a mom but the road to that is paved with a lot of sacrifices specially on the part of the woman. I wouldn't exchange it for anything, though.