How often do you go to the movies?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shine_Spirit, May 2, 2017.

1. Mika

Mika Active Member

We have not gone to a movie hall since my wife and I had our baby. In fact I have never watched a movie in a modern multiplex. Incidentally, I was a big fan of movies and used to watch them as often as possible. I have watched even 2 movies in a day during my traveling days but since we stopped going to movies I don't feel like if I am missing anything. I watch movies on TV if I have time to do that.

2. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

I do not remember when it was the last time I went to a theater to watch a movie. As a matter of fact I do not even watch them at home although I have a Prime account with amazon. My lifestyle leaves little time for that.

3. cmoneyspinner

cmoneyspinner New Member

I stopped going to the movies ages ago. The last time I went to the movies, I took my kids to see a Batman movie. That was either 1996 or 1997. Since then, no more movies. There is really no need. It's not even a problem with getting movie tickets because my son works at a theater and we can get discounted tickets. There's just no reason to go anymore. We have Netflix! LOL.

4. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

We just go to the movies only once or twice a year and mostly watch movies on the TV. The tickets are so expensive and even a simple packet of popcorn costs sky high in the cinemas and you have to buy only the food they sell as you cannot get your own food. So I think not most movies are worth spending so much money on.

5. tallulah

tallulah Active Member

The cinema in South Africa is monopolised by two groups, this makes it so expensive. I go to the movies maybe once in two months. Would have loved for it to be more frequent, but I cannot justify the amount charged. It is just ridiculous to me to spend so much for a 2 hour movie viewing, especially since I go in a group, with family or friends. I just stick with my Netflix to keep me entertained.

6. Mika

Mika Active Member

In fact going and sitting in a cinema hall for 2-3 hours doesn't appeal to me any more. I had a complementary pass for TWO last year in the month of November last year and I was almost ready to go with a 7 years old to watch a recently released movie "The Star" but then we changed our program and went to slow ferry trip instead. We enjoyed the trip getting down on almost all the possible stoppages taking pictures etc. We visited several museums, a harbor and Opera House.

7. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler New Member

I remember, me and my family used to watch movie everytime they had a free time. We go out and buy some toys for me, foods, and anything because we can just see each other during the weekend.