Hex on a baby

Discussion in 'Babies' started by Alexandoy, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I don't know how it is called in English but it's something like an unintentional hex on the baby of some people. It is called "usog" in our language. When a person has that personality, he can put a hex on a baby when he take notice of the baby. For example, the person liked the smiling or laughing baby that he will play with the baby for a while. And when the baby goes home, he will be crying because he may be looking for the person. It's hard to explain, sorry. But the remedy is for the person to bless the baby with a drop of his saliva and the baby will stop crying.

Risa and Kakashi2020 like this.
  2. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

I think it's just the baby being comfortable with the person company and always feel like being in the arms of the person. This happens with me and babies, sometimes when I carry someone's baby in public maybe a park and when I want to hand the baby back to the mother, the child will refuse to go back and start crying when I leave. If that's a hex on the baby, then I have such personality as well.

3. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

Yes, Alexandoy, I know what you mean. It just means that somehow others send off negative vibes to the baby if the baby is too cute or smiling beautifully etc. People in India believe it and do so many things to ward off the evil waves. One method is making the baby wear a special black thread around his or her neck which may or may not have a variety of different kinds of talismans, amulets. etc. Although I do believe a bit in such stuff, I never made my baby wear any such thing. I feel that my love for him and my faith in good things was enough to keep him safe!

Risa likes this.
  4. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

You are now going into the world of supernatural in protecting the baby. It's true some wicked people are into witchcraft and they would go to any extent in hurting others. I have red about using the inverted double triangle which is normal called the devils trap to ward off evils but I'm never comfortable with making use of this. Making use of prayers is good enough for me.

5. gibbs

gibbs New Member

That is crazy.

6. Miches

Miches Active Member

I've heard about this odd practice among countryside folks when I was a child but people nowadays are more educated than that. It's not only gross but the practice can spread diseases through the saliva and no parent would want that. There are many different reasons why a baby would be upset and any responsible parent would want to know or investigate instead of passing the blame on the supposed negative vibes of another person.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Risa and littlewitch66 like this.
  7. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

I'm a city dweller but believe me when I say that I've seen some weird , unexplainable things in my life, and I do believe in witchcraft, sorcery and the supernatural. That some people can cause others to suffer, while others have curative powers.

When my eldest son was still a baby we attended mass during Lent and an old lady suddenly appeared and bump my wife from the side slightly and I saw the lady touched my son's body slightly but what worried me was the look on the old lady, it was kind of creepy and after that incident she sped away and that night my baby was irritable and contracted fever, the next day we went try o a doctor who prescribed medicines but the fever won't go away then my mom knows an old person who's a traditional healer, he's an old guy and was a friend of my grandfather, he upon seeing the child and checking the pulse told us that our child is bewitched and someone put a curse or a hex on him and he then melted a candle on a basin of water and the figure of the old lady appeared, the healer asked us if we went to the church and we said yes, the healer told us that during the holy week, witches frequent the church's vicinity to test their curses on unsuspecting people and usually they pick babies and kids. So the healer cured out baby and the minute the healer left the baby's temperature became normal.

8. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

I must be honest and say I have no idea what this is as it is not practised over here. To me it sounds like superstition. I don't really believe in things like this and I tend to agree with @Miches about it being unhygienic.

9. Risa

Risa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

Funny and unbelievable to some but it is actually believed here in our country. Moreover, it kind of really happens! It is not more on the witchcraft or evil thing. It is a belief from the elders that some people have innate "strong personalities" that can indeed unintentionally hand over bad vibes to a baby he or she greets. It is also said that pregnant women who are hungry have high possibility on giving these bad vibes to the baby. According to the elders, a happy and healthy baby would suddenly turn irritable, would be hot to touch at times and the ears would feel cold. I am a nurse but I also believe in these superstitious beliefs. I just don't believe in the saliva thing, because its kind of unhygienic. But some of our elders say that we need to find the person who greeted our baby and have him simply touch the baby and say something to relieve the bad vibe. And that's what we do. Overall, its more of what we believe in the community we live in, but just make sure that if symptoms lasts overnight, then we should always have our baby checked by a doctor.