Particular movie that has big impact on you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jasmin Cottontail, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

I'm fond of watching movies especially Psychological Thriller, Horror and Inspirational films. There are actually a lot of films that had impact on me, whether it's positively or negatively. But one of my the movies that I can say made a huge impact on me is Waking Life. It's an animated-kinda-like film which depicts the story of a guy who have lots of questions in life that was left unanswered. It doesn't have a story like normal films though but as you watch the movie, you will be able to ask yourself as well what's the meaning of life itself.

What about you? Any movies that made big impact on you?

Kakashi2020 likes this.
  2. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

To this day I really value the movie Harold and Maude. I am not really sure what it is, although I know that the soundtrack has always been a favorite of mine (all Cat Stevens). It is such a great story and I think the fact that it sort of transcends generations is what appeals to me.

3. Greengrl

Greengrl New Member

The movie Stepmom is one of the movies that made a huge impact on my life. I watched it at a point in my life that I worried about my children growing up and replacing me. I know that sounds ridiculous now, I was young and my children were transitioning from toddlers to school age children. I was also having marital problems and thought a lot about divorce. It portrays how the mother/child bond cannot be broken, even through divorce, step parents, or death. This movie has now become a favorite during family time. My kids love it almost as much as I do.

4. ptahm22

ptahm22 Member

The Croods really moved me. It's an animation movie but the concept is worth watching. The movie helped me learn about listening to everyone's idea. No one is always right but if you listen to each other too you can accomplish great things.

5. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

This is going to sound crazy but two movies that really had a big impact on me were Frozen and The Lion King. Yes, children's movies.

Some of my happiest memories are singing and dancing to the songs from those two movies. They helped to show me what life is all about and what's really important.

I thought I wanted to enjoy a lot of professional success and make a lot of money but it's the little things like that which mean so much more to me and I treasure more than anything.

That is such a wonderful and comforting realization, and so true!

Elsa likes this.
  6. Jasmin Cottontail

I haven't watched this one yet. This is a classic film isn't it? Well I'm actually a fan of the classics although I'm a bit picky with the ones I watch since I don't want to waste time because there were movies that I have watched that are just overrated but aren't that really good. I would like to know if it's worth watching and is there any film that you can compare it to? Thanks! :D

7. Jasmin Cottontail

I haven't seen this one yet but I heard it's good :) This is the one with Julia Roberts in it right? Does this movie have a tragic or sad ending? I would like to see it and I hope it does have a good ending :) Thanks for sharing!

8. Binu

Binu Member

A French black and white movie called 400 blows is a great movie. The movie tells a story of a boy who cannot adjust himself in the family, school and the society in general. The movie has made a great impact on my life. This movie helps to understand a child's mind. The movie is one of the greatest movies of 20th century.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

I haven't heard of this movie yet. I can't really remember the last time I have watched a French film but the last one I saw was a thriller with a bit gore, I just forgot the title. I've checked the movie though (400 blows) and I see that it's a classic film. I'm also a fan of the classics and if it's a great one then I'll be putting it on my watch list. Thanks for sharing! :D

10. Jasmin Cottontail

I remember the first time watching Schindler's List, that was almost 12 years ago I think back when I was in high school. Yes it's one of my favorite war movies as well and it's sad to know what happened during the war. The movie is so powerful that whenever you watch it, you can still feel that sadness and strong emotions towards the movie. Have you ever watched other war films that you can recommend? :)

blugoddess likes this.
  11. Greengrl

Greengrl New Member

Yes it has Susan Sarandon, Ed Harris, and Julia Roberts. The ending isn't really tragic, but very touching. It is sad, but it is an amazing movie. I'm sure you will love it!

12. Jasmin Cottontail

Right. Yes I remember watching Susan Sarandon in The Lovely Bones, Snitch and Tammy. Although I love drama films, I just hope that this isn't so sad. I think I'll just check the trailer so I'll have an idea and check out the movie. Thanks! :D

13. blugoddess

blugoddess New Member

I love movies...I refer to them as cinema therapy because that's what they are for me. I have been affected by many, but one of my all time favorites is Kama Sutra: Lessons in Love. The scenery is so stunning and the story line keeps you watching. After all these years, I still love the movie and never get tired of watching it. The funny thing is the older I get the more I notice and understand. Sometimes it feels like I am watching a movie I have never seen before. I'll even wonder why I didn't notice certain things before. It's weird.

14. kamai

kamai Active Member

I will have to chose Mulan as it is my favorite disney movie for years now and I still can't get enough of it. That movie gives out a good life lesson and gives girls and woman an example of how woman can accomplish so many things too. It's just a life lesson about not giving up and don't look down on yourself whether you are a male or female.

blugoddess likes this.
  15. Jasmin Cottontail

I've never heard of this one before. Well I mean not for a movie title. I wonder in which genre does it fall? And what is the plot of the movie? Is it a Bollywood film? I got intrigued by this to be honest and if it really is a great movie then I should probably watch it! :D

16. blugoddess

blugoddess New Member

It's about forbidden love.

17. Jasmin Cottontail

Just seen it's trailer and I think it's an awesome film! How come I didn't know about this? :( I've been watching movies for years but haven't heard that this movie exists. I've read some comments and most of them said that this movie is amazing :) Thanks for recommending it by the way :D

blugoddess likes this.
  18. to7update

to7update Active Member

LOL, Kama Sutra has to be a good one! :D
    I can't say there is a movie that change my life, but one impacting movie I watched was 50-50, a story about a guy who knew that had cancer and how that changed his life. One of the best movies I've seen, a lot of feelings involved.

19. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

There are a lot of movies that come to mind, but I would say that Harold and Maude had the most impact on me. There are some other ones, but they are probably more negative.

20. Jasmin Cottontail

I've been watching a lot of movies but I think I haven't heard of this one yet. Is this an American film? And is it more of a drama? I love all kinds of movies (aside from Western and Film Noir but there are some exceptions LOL) particularly if it's inspired from real events, and if it has something you could learn from :) I would love to see this one if it's really good.

21. to7update

to7update Active Member

22. Jasmin Cottontail

Yes I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt! I also love his movies The Walk, Looper and Snowden :) So if this starred Joseph then I'll absolutely check this one out. I just hope it's not a tearjerker film, although drama films are one of my favorites as well. Thanks for the share by the way :)

to7update likes this.
  23. to7update

to7update Active Member

No problem, but you just might cry a little, if you are that type. :) I watched that movie in the movies (lol) back in 2011, and I've watched it 2 or 3 times more meanwhile. Anna Kendrick makes a great interaction with him, you're really going to love this one, it has a special twist of humor.

24. blugoddess

blugoddess New Member

you're welcome

25. workingbuck

workingbuck Active Member

It's a bit funny but I really love watching Monsters University LOL! The movie taught me a lot of things like team work and not letting other people tell you what you can and can't do. In this world where a lot of people would discourage you and laugh at you for being different, the movie taught me that it is good to be different and hanging on to something you really want and working hard for it would eventually lead to either having what you want or close to that.

26. Jasmin Cottontail

I love Monsters University as well! My baby brother love that film. He used to watch it a few times a day that's why I was able to memorize the lines. Yes I agree that you can get many lessons from that movie, especially team work and believing in yourself, that everything is possible. No matter how big or small a person is, it won't affect in making his dreams come true :)

workingbuck likes this.
  27. workingbuck

I actually love that believe in yourself thing. Have you watched Little Boy? my favorite line from that movie is when the boy's dad always asked him "Do you believe we can do this?" and the boy always answers with "Yes! I believe we can do this!" Icheck it out, I don't want to spoil such a great movie if you haven't watched it yet.

28. Jasmin Cottontail

Yes I've seen that movie recently together with my hubby and it's actually one of my favorite! The movie is so entertaining, funny, dramatic and wonderful. I've had mixed emotions while watching this film, and yes it's an inspirational one as well. It emphasized that you can move mountains even if you only have a little faith, and that nothing is impossible. I recommend this movie to everyone who haven't watched it yet. It's really a must see! :D

29. workingbuck

Yes I do agree it's a must watch film. And that's my new favorite quote now "I can move a mountain!". Some people would think it's stupid and they would say it's just a movie, but I do believe that anyone can do the impossible with faith.

30. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

I liked The Last Temptation of Christ. I thought was pretty cool, but a lot of fundamentalists didn't like it cause they claimed it stripped him of his divinity. Anyway, they didn't really take away his divinity. They just showed a scene of what it might have been like if Christ chose to come down from the cross and become a normal guy with a family etc.. However, in the movie, it was only in Jesus' imagination. He actually completed his mission.

Oh, by the way, another cool thing about it was that it showed a real Christ who was really tempted. However, despite the doubt he felt, he never gave into the temptation (except in the imagination scene) - as the Bible claimed he didn't. Note, I'm sure fundamentalists didn't like that aspect of the movie either.