Jealousy Toward the Parents and/or Kids

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Jason76, May 14, 2018.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

https://forums.kinacle.com/index.php?threads/when-the-kids-a-psycho.1244/

This is the case sometimes, but it's often so mixed with jealousy that it's tough to gauge if the feeling is justified. I mean, lots of people hate the better off. But then again, some of the rich and middle class "rub it in".

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

It seems that the title if not directly related to the post. Anyway, I will just comment on the title because jealousy among the siblings is not exactly normal but it is quite common particularly when the children are young. But jealousy between a child and a parent is quite rare. A child who is jealous of the mother's closeness to the father or vice versa, I know of some cases that is difficult to discuss because there is a different color in their relationship.

3. Mika

Mika Active Member

I would also go by the title although @Jason76 has a crucial point in his post too. As far the kids are concerned they are highly jealous towards their parents especially a male child for his father and girl child to her mother. They compare about things their parents have and they do not even if they cannot handle that particular thing. Like a girl always keep a watch on her mom's makeup kit or a boy thinks he should drive in place of his father. Sometimes they even complain about their parents order more things for themselves and ignore them.

4. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

I think you got the title mistaken. I mean outside people being jealous toward some parents and their kids! Anyway, though, as far as what you thought it meant, I don't think kids are jealous of parents - unless, as mentioned, the kid is jealous of say, the mom being close to the father or something.

Mika likes this.
  5. Mika

Mika Active Member

I understand your point now more clearly and agree with what you said but I know a particular kid that always complain to his dad that he orders more things for himself but ignore him. His logic obviously is childish but that's how he always tries to persuade her mom to order more things for him or take him to mall to buy more toys for him although he never plays with his toys more than once or twice. As far people being jealous with more fortunate ones is common everywhere even if they do not show it openly.

Jason76 likes this.