Peanut-enriched Baby Food

Discussion in 'Babies' started by Nocturnal Writer, Jan 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

Have you tried feeding your baby with food enriched peanut? I have read from the online news that peanut is good for the baby to prevent from getting him vulnerable to allergy. That is the latest I have known. Is their more info about this?

2. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Active Member

The baby should be tested for allergies before introducing peanut enriched foods if they are considered high risk such as allergic to eggs, their primary care provider can order the allergy testing.

Robert Turner likes this.
  3. Robert Turner

Robert Turner New Member

Its an absolutely terrible idea. Anything that contains Arachis oil found in peanut and certain creams given to babies suffering from eczema can result in a later peanut allergy.

Their bodies are incapable of handling this oil. I speak from experience and would strongly advise all parents to steer clear of anything with Arachis Oil. If your child suffers from skin condition check the skin creams for this ingredient.

AngelaMc likes this.
  4. Taliska

Taliska Active Member

I'd get medical advice first, because if the child is already sensitive at all you could trigger the allergy and allergies increase with exposure. My real concern with baby foods is all the additives and preservatives that get put in it to make it last. Sitting down with a label and Googling the ingredients on a phone can be terrifying.

5. Zero

Zero Member

Well i believed they offer a unique and refreshing addition to the baby's food, but it's advised not to let the baby a lot of it since it's high in fat.

6. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

I agree with @AngelaMc and @Robert Turner. Babies need to be tested for food allergies first before introducing foods to them that can cause allergies, and peanut is one of them. I've seen some who had adverse reactions to certain foods and it's scary, so it's best to consult a doctor first.

AngelaMc likes this.
  7. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

Not just for food allergies but also for digestive issues. Peanut can cause mild diarrhea. And although that problem is not critical, you don't like your baby messing up the diaper every once in a while. I will stick to baby formula and the traditional baby food like mashed potatoes with beef broth for the carbs and protein.

Elsa likes this.
  8. Mika

Mika Active Member

I do not say peanut is no good for everyone including babies but peanut can cause throat infection so be careful and keep a close eye on your baby's reaction after you feed him peanut enriched foods. I have a bitter experience of giving my daughter peanut butter.

9. Elsa

You're right, food allergies and digestive issues. I agree with you -- better to stick with traditional baby food. Make it homemade if you can :)

10. Elsa

Cases like that of your daughter's is the very reason why parents need to think before giving babies foods with peanut. Babies are unable to tell parents that their stomach hurts after eating baby food with peanuts, or that they are having difficulty breathing. All they can do is cry which becomes an agony for parents who try to guess what's wrong.