Kids Came Out To Model Our Earmuffs Yesterday...

Discussion in 'Announcements / Meta' started by James McAllister, Nov 27, 2016.

1. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

And it was one of the funnest days I had in a long time!

Days like this one are exactly why I love working here. I'm pretty sure we laughed for 6 hours straight.

And I know when I look back, it's the days like this one I'm going to remember. Anyway, just wanted to share. Hope your day is going just as good!

Decentlady and to7update like this.
  2. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

I can imagine kids in earmuffs being a pretty humorous and entertaining combination. I cannot really say what it is, but kids have a way of bringing out the fun in things that you would otherwise not even think to look for it. Sounds like a good time.

3. James McAllister

Yes! It was so much fun!
    image.jpeg

The kids found this green suit hilarious and honestly the environment was just fantastic. We took over 1600 pictures. Looking forward to next time!

Edit: Not sure why that image came up sideways, oh well!

4. to7update

to7update Active Member

Thanks for sharing both the video and that picture, I have to say you look amazing with the suit! :D No surprise that kids loved it, I can imagine my kids laughing at me for wearing it, they would think I'd be a super-hero. Is there a place where we can see the photo shoot?

5. James McAllister

Had to make a little collage since all the photos were too large for the forum to accept, lol. Excuse my poor design skills :emoji_wink:

earprotectorskids.PNG

But honestly, most of the time was spent just laughing :emoji_smile:

Untitled design.png

to7update likes this.
  6. to7update

to7update Active Member

Great design skills and great photos, thanks for sharing once more. :) The more I see, the more I think you have the dream job as making this sort of things with kids has to be great. :) So Starlight Baby sells earmuffs right? Those are just for protection or they play music too?

7. kamai

kamai Active Member

Thanks for sharing this I adore watching kids having fun, this is the cutest thing. It must be the best job having the opportunity to work with children because their happiness is contagious. You are doing a great job and hope your business goes very far.

8. James McAllister

Thank you both :emoji_smile: It's fantastic and I feel very fortunate to be in this line of work.

Especially coming from where I was before - before this I created and sold training courses to marketers / businesses. It's fun and all and had its own unique high points but it felt a lot less meaningful than the work I do here. Days like this one nourish my soul and I know many memories have been made for everyone involved.

@to7update Yes, earmuffs are one of our products. They come in a kit with earplugs and a carrying case and are used mainly for protecting little ears against loud noise at concerts, stadiums, loud events etc. Some babies also like to use them for sleep. You can learn more by clicking here.

Looks like we're going to be coming out with around 20 new products after the new year so I'm excited to be able to do this all again!

to7update likes this.
  9. to7update

to7update Active Member

It's a big change in your career or maybe not, you are still in marketing and communication right? Working with children has to be always rewarding, it's something I'd love to do too. 20 new products is quite a lot, so you have a lot of work ahead of you. :)

Those earmuffs look like a really good product and I love the smile of the model. :)

[​IMG]

10. James McAllister

They're fantastic! Work well and look great. I still do a lot of the marketing work myself, but selling to consumers is a lot different than selling to other businesses. But a lot of my job now is sort of just leading the direction and making decisions.

But I do get to hop in a lot of the work that's being done, and there's no way I'm ever going to miss a photo shoot. They're way too much fun! And I've got to be honest.. working with kids, parents, and the fantastic team we have here with Starlight Baby is a lot more meaningful than the type of people I worked with before (and don't get me wrong, they were great, but I enjoy this a lot more.)

11. to7update

to7update Active Member

So you're the boss now? :D

Yeah, a few years back I wanted to be a teacher for kids, but I've changed that idea as that would be too much stress, but doing photo-shoots and other activities with them seems to be a totally different game.

12. James McAllister

Yep, I guess so hahaha. But everyone here is pretty great, they love their jobs and don't need much management at all.

Most of my job is still business-y stuff but as we grow and we do stuff like this more often we'll see if that changes. :)

Decentlady and to7update like this.
  13. to7update

to7update Active Member

Pretty great that you got to manage a business that you love, that's the dream from most people. If you ever need a representation in Portugal let me know. :)

James McAllister likes this.
  14. James McAllister

Hahaha sounds good! Hope to start selling in Europe next year :)

to7update likes this.
  15. faith

faith Member

This is so cute! I had a similar experience this last week as well. All of the small toddlers in my church dressed up as numerous different, old Bethlehem people of the day, and sang Christmas songs for everyone. Some children were even horses and mules with muffles, etc.

to7update likes this.
  16. James McAllister

Aw, that's adorable, and thanks!

17. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

I actually saw some lady in some ear muffs the other day and I immediately thought back to this, and it was a good thing too because I got a big old smile on my face at the thought of some goofy kids.

18. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

Couldn't stop smiling just watching the pics. I can only imagine how much fin fun you guys had.

Kids do make great models don't they and the fact that they themselves are natural at it makes them even more successful.

All the cuteness with even cuter earmuffs! Happiness all the way!

19. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

As I go over the images posted here, I find it amusing too seeing those kids wearing their ear muffs. I wonder why they're all in smiles for they are being tested to hear something in which their ears couldn't pick it up for it is being plugged by that ear muffs.

In our place, that gadgets are not common to our kids and most people here are not using like this one to protect their ears from a loud noise. If they do, they are just covering their ears with their bare hands.

I also muse myself upon reading this post for I mistook that gadget as an ear phone. I realize later that it muffles the ear from possible ear deafening sound it may pick up from sources.